We've all probably seen our share of messy break-ups online, in our friend circles or within our family. I think I have personally had a good three messy break-ups though none have been as messy as my divorce. We constantly argued. We kept taking each other's calls. We posted on social media. We talked to each other's friends/family members about the other person. We blocked and unblocked each other. There was so much drama and it lasted for a long time. I've learned from my mistakes and while I know there is no way to guarantee a smooth break-up I've compiled a list of what I think will help reduce your chances of having a messy break-up.
1. Make sure its what you really want.
2. Think about what you're going to say.
3. Don't play the blame game!
4. Be brutally honest.
5. Understand that you cannot control the other person's reaction.
6. Do not post about it on social media.
7. Do not have conversations with your ex about what went wrong and if you can fix it.
8. Block if you need to.
9. Don't gossip with mutual friends/associates.
10. Do NOT take him/her back.
*Photo by Keira Burton from Pexels
Post a Comment