Let's all do our part and take action to protect and preserve our world :)
Here are a couple of things you can do to make a difference:
1.) Switch out your inefficient lights bulbs to Compact Flouresent Light bulbs and convince a friend to do the same.
2.) Make a pledge to save energy at home.
(The following steps are from the E.P.A.)
- Turn off appliances and lights when you leave the room.
- Use the microwave to cook small meals. (It uses less power than an oven.)
- Purchase "green power" for your home's electricity. (Contact your power supplier to see where and if it is available.)
- Have leaky air conditioning and refrigeration systems repaired.
- Cut back on air conditioning and heating use if you can.
- Insulate your home, water heater and pipes.
Things I am doing:Switched out the bulbs, making sure I continue to recycle, got rid of the car awhile ago and I am using Philly Car Share (most of their cars are Hybrids) and I'm taking the bus too. This means I drive less and that helps to cut down on pollution.
Another thing I am doing with my children for Earth Day is turning out the lights. This was their idea (Londa & Fareed's idea). We are going to turn off the lights for at least an hour on Earth Day.
Thumbs up to everyone around the world participating and contributing to Earth Day!